Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top 10 things I would like to see...


The Broke and The Bookish are the Hosts!


Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)

Wow! What would I like to see? 

Dystopia that actually gets in to the WHY and the HOW!  Not some silly romance, or worse yet, TRIANGLE, that just so happens to be set in a future world that sucks.

Spy mysteries that aren’t all sexed up!  There are some titles out there I think might be interesting, but they turn out to be a bunch of bodice rippers – no thanks!

Chick Lit that has teeth!  I loved “Emily and Einstein” and “Skipping a Beat” because they provoked emotion.

Well-done historical fiction that doesn’t seem like either: A) a history lesson, or B) a romance simply set in the past.  I really enjoyed “The Rosetti Letter” and “The Devlin Diary” by Christi Phillips.

Humorous “self-help” books.  I am currently reading (and ABSOLUTELY LOVING) “The Undiscovered Goddess” by Michelle Colston.  I am LMAO as well as getting great journal prompts to help guide me to better wellness.  

Duets – books written by two different authors.  I have read a few, and have loved them all! (So, it would be a ‘more of this type’ on this one!)

Non-sciency Sci-Fi – does that make sense?  My husband loves reading Sci-Fi, but what he tells me about them, there is just too much science for me (and violence).  It would be nice to see something “out-there” but written for minds like mine!  We would groove on that, but don’t want our brains turned to mush just trying to understand it.

Victorian-esque without the paranormal.  I love the concept of bringing back the Victorian Era with futuristic gadgetry – but please keep your paranormal creatures out of it!  Really sick of vampires and other ghouls invading my stories!

Time-Travel – this might be part of the whole Sci-Fi thingee, but not necessarily.  I like time-travel (as long as it doesn’t get too sciency, but doesn’t seem far-fetched.  Maybe with alternate histories because of said time-travel.

Modern adaptations of Classics.  I know that this is a touchy subject with some, but WELL-DONE modernization of classic storylines would be great.  (I just watched “She’s the Man” again yesterday and it’s a great modernization of Shakespeare!)

If you know of ANY books that fall in to these categories, please feel free to mention them in the Comments below.  I am always looking for new stories to read!

 Don't forget, if you are looking for a Reading Challenge - Try Booklover Musings 2014 Reading Outside the Box Challenge.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...